Share your story to help others know that they are not alone!
I would love to have you share your story with mental illness here on Jess Is A Mess! Whether this is your own personal journey, you have a family member that suffers from mental health, this is the perfect place to share with others. It’s important for us to come together to support each other, and know that YOU ARE NOT ALONE!
Sharing your journey doesn’t just help others with mental illness, it also helps friends and family members have a better understanding of what we all go through as well. Educating others is a very important part of this crazy roller coaster ride we call life.
It can also help you to share your thoughts and feelings and how mental illness has affected your life. Being able to talk about your struggles – and your successes – can be pretty darn therapeutic. It can also be a powerful reminder that you too, are not alone.
Getting started – topic ideas
Obviously it’s nearly impossible to classify any of us under a ‘topic’. These are just some ideas to help you with the specifics of what your guest post will be about. Again, this can be your personal story, or your experience with a friend or family member.
- Anxiety and Depression
- Bipolar Disorder
- Personality Disorders
- Major Depressive Disorder
- Dissociative Disorder/Dissociation
- Panic Disorder
- Tips to help with mental health symptoms
- Strategies and/or tools you’ve used that have helped
If I have missed anything, my apologies. Again, these are just some ideas to help guide you. If you have relevant or helpful information on any mental health topic, feel free to share these as well! Alternatively, browse through a few posts on my home page for additional ideas on putting your post together!
I’d love for this to become a place where you can reach out when you’re having a bad day, a bad week, or even a bad month. To find others you can reach out to that can help you, because they’ve been there. They know first hand what you’re going through.
My goal is to build a community, a place you can visit to find information, tips and advice from others, and for us to help each other by sharing things that have worked to help us with our symptoms, and even what hasn’t worked. You don’t ever know who you might help and even inspire by sharing your journey!
I’d love for this to become a place to share both your successes, and your failures. The good, the bad and the ugly. I think it’s important, because we have all experienced all of these things. And it’s important for all of us to know that it’s ok. Because without all of these combined, you would not be the amazingly strong person that you are!
Share your story – Submitting your guest post for consideration
If you would like to submit a guest post to Jess Is A Mess, follow the instructions below for consideration. Because of the volume of guest post submissions, only guest posts that meet these criteria will be considered for publishing. I wish I could accept each and every one, but there aren’t enough of me to be able to publish every one!
- Your post must be useful to the readers of this blog.
- The post must be grammatically correct and well-written.
- The post must not include marketing-related links and must not be entirely self-promotional.
- Your post may include links to your website and blog (but aren’t required) in a brief author’s bio (approximately 3 sentences), which will be published at the end of the guest post. You are welcome to include a personal photo as well.
- Guest posts must be original and may not have been published elsewhere online already. All submissions will be verified for originality using a tool such as Copyscape.com or Plagium.com.
- If you provide images, they must be your own original images. I would be happy to provide images for you if you’d like!
Posts should be a minimum of at least 800 words, and content should be detailed and unique. Please include at least 4 relevant links within your content. If you’re unsure of how to do this, let me know and I’ll be happy to provide the links for you.
I would also appreciate your engagement with visitors, as well as other guest contributors! Keeping up with comments and questions on your guest post is a great way to engage and help to build a strong and powerful community!
All guest posts, once submitted to jessisamess.com, become the sole property of Jess Is A Mess. Essentially, this means that I will own all rights to published content. However, you are welcome (and encouraged!) to share your guest post with others via Jess Is A Mess, and of course link to your guest post from your own blog/site!
To share your story –
If you’re interested in sharing your story, contact me at Jessisamess030506@gmail.com.
Include the following information:
- Fill in the email subject line with ‘guest post’.
- You can share your post directly, within the email, or attach a file of your post to the email.
- Please provide me with your author bio, blog/site link (if applicable), and one social media link.
- A personal photo is preferred, but not required.
- Any (original) images you would like to use if providing your own.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know. I am here to help in any way that I can!
Once I’ve received your submission, I will review it, and if I have any problems or questions, I will contact you with any issues! I will be sure to notify you as to whether or not I am able to share your story to Jess Is A Mess once I have received and reviewed your submission.
I’m very excited about this new opportunity, and I hope you are too! I am looking forward to connecting with you and growing a community where together, we can work to help each other with this crazy thing we call life.
I hope to hear from you soon!