This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may earn a small commission. I use this to help fund my mission to help others! Thanks so much for your support!
The harsh truths about life
I don’t know too many people who enjoy facing the harsh truths about life. There are so many of us wandering around lost, trying to find our purpose, or just trying to make it through this crazy journey of life.
I happen to be one of them.
I don’t mind the harsh truths about life, I actually embrace them. They are a great reminder for me, because I’m much better prepared to handle things when I have at least an idea of what to expect.
Even when that means to expect the unexpected.
Life throws everyone curve balls left and right. You don’t ever know what it may hand you next.
With that being said, there are some definitive things that you can expect and prepare for. What you do with these things is entirely up to you.
And believe it or not, there are a lot of aspects of life that we have the capability of shaping and molding. We have this amazing gift we tend to forget we were born with. The gift of free will.
That’s right. We are free to think, choose and react however we’d like. What we do with that power is up to us.
7 harsh truths about life –
1. It doesn’t discriminate. Life doesn’t care who you are, how much money you have, where you live, or what your skin color is. It doesn’t care whether you’re a great person, or a terrible person. Life happens to everyone equally. And just as equally, we are all born with our own unique perspective. We can all learn from each other if we are open to doing so.
2. We make life more difficult than it has to be. For some reason, us humans like to take the simplest of things, and attempt to do them in the most difficult way possible. Some things in life really do not have to be as hard as we make them out to be!
3. We are more in control than we think. I won’t deny that life plays by it’s own rules. However, there are certain aspects of life we can control. We all have the opportunity to make choices. And even if our choices don’t start off too great, we even have the capability of choosing a better path.
4. It can take you completely by surprise. You’re sailing along on the sea of life, things seem to be going pretty well, and then suddenly, life pulls the rug right out from under you.
No warning, no notice, nothing. On the flip side, sometimes these surprises can be amazingly beautiful experiences.
Surprises are most definitely not always a negative thing. Sometimes they are necessary to help us wake up and realize we may be on the wrong path. If we open our minds, we may see that the universe is trying to tell us something.
5. Your thoughts are more powerful than you could imagine. What you reflect, is what you attract. If you are always focusing on the negative, walking around with negative thoughts and vibes – you are basically attracting negativity right to you.
This is what’s known as the law of attraction.
The same rules apply to positive thinking – you would be surprised at how your world will change if you stop those negative thoughts, and replace them instead with positive ones. Practicing mindfulness can help with this.
6. Not everyone is going to like you. It doesn’t matter if the sun literally shines out of your ass. There are some people that you are just not going to vibe with. And guess what? It’s okay!
Think about people you’ve met. Have you always gotten along with them, or liked everything about everyone you’ve ever met? Most likely, you have felt the same about others as they have about you. This is not a bad thing. This is how you find your tribe, and weed out the ones that don’t belong.
It’s what makes the world go round.
7. Nothing about life is always sunshine and rainbows. If you think for one moment that fairy tale you have planned out in your head of what your life will be like, you are setting yourself up for disappointment. Nothing is going to ever go the way you imagine it in your head.
But if you work hard to reach your goals, keep a positive outlook and attitude as much as you can, and don’t let setbacks get to you, there is so much you can achieve. And with this attitude, and perseverance, you would be amazed at what you can accomplish.
A bad day does not equal a bad life.
The takeaway about the harsh truths of life
I hope these harsh truths about life weren’t what you were expecting. My goal in sharing these is to remind us all that life really can be what you make it. Even with those unexpected curve balls. Ultimately, it doesn’t matter what life throws at you.
What matters is how you choose to react. When you understand this, you have the capability to do amazing things with life. It can and will change the way you live.
Does that mean we all won’t have bad days? Of course not. After all, we are only human. No one is perfect, and no one has to be. Life isn’t about perfection, it’s about finding the imperfections, and loving them anyway. It’s about being happy, and finding what your passions are.
Life is whatever you want it to be. It’s whatever you make it to be.
“Purpose is the reason you journey. Passion is the fire that lights your way” ~ Author Unknown