2018 Liebster Award Nomination!
Yesterday I was notified that I had been nominated for the 2018 Liebster Award by Ariel King at Mama of Kings, a blogger I’ve recently had the pleasure of getting to know! Ariel has 3 beautiful children, and works hard to both encourage and inspire other moms out there! She shares her thoughts, advice and experiences learned on her journey through motherhood.
I want to thank Mama of Kings for the nomination, I feel truly honored to be chosen.
What it is –
The Liebster Award 2018 is an award that exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers! The word Liebster in German translates as sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
The rules –
If a blogger is nominated for this award, there are a few rules that they must abide by if they choose to accept:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog.
- Write a small post about what makes you passionate about blog posting.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (Optional, but not required)
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel would enjoy blogging about this award.
- List these rules in your post.
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated.
Why I blog –
I have struggled with anxiety and depression for most of my life. It has been a long and tiring journey, but along the way, I have learned so much. When I finally found the right counselor, it changed my life. I’m in a place I’ve never been before.
While I still have my moments, I’m not the same person I was two years ago. I wanted to share my story, my progress and what I’ve learned as a way to help others. No one should have to travel this journey alone, and I’ve been through so much, I felt I could help support others, and let them know they are not alone!
Through humor, encouragement, inspiration, and yes, even sharing the bad days, I’m hoping to help others who struggle know that it’s ok, and there is hope for having more of the good days than the bad days.
10 facts of randomness about me –
1. I have 3 amazing kids, ages 15, 13, and 11.
2. I have a thing for funky, soft, fluffy socks.
3. I got my first (and only) tattoo as a gift to myself for my 35th birthday.
4. Not only do I deal with anxiety and depression, I also have ADD/ADHD, narcolepsy, and was recently diagnosed with trigeminal neuralgia as well.
5. I like to occasionally eat raw potatoes, lol.
6. I can play the piano.
7. I love music from just about every genre and era.
8. I’m a natural born speed reader – I read books so fast, I can’t afford to buy them!
9. I have moved 15 times in the course of my life, but have always lived in the same state.
10. I have never owned a brand new car.
My questions (with my answers) given to me by Mama of Kings –
1. If you could be a toddler for a day, what would you be sure to do?
I would roll around in the grass, draw on every surface possible, streak naked through the house, and take THE BEST naps ever.
2. What is your craziest #MomLife moment?
This is a tough question, as the majority of my #MomLife moments have been crazy, lol. But if I had to pick the craziest, I’d have to say the time my oldest daughter slipped and fell into the James River while visiting Belle Isle.
I had 5 other kids with me, and we walked onto the rocks so they could take a look at the river. The moment I warned them not to get near the edges of the slippery rocks, my then 5 year old daughter decides to do just that. The current immediately started pulling her away, and I had only seconds to react before she was swept away.
I jumped in, cell phone and keys in my pockets (there’s no time for thinking of such trivial things when your child is in danger) and grabbed her arm and held her above water. Realizing I couldn’t get her out, and I was stuck as well in chest deep water, I had to yell for help, as well as warn the other children that were with me to stand still and stay where they were – I didn’t want to have to rescue anyone else!
Luckily we all survived the incident, (aside from my cell phone) but it scared me so badly, we haven’t been back to visit Belle Isle since.
3. If you could open a new restaurant TOMORROW, what kind of cuisine would you serve?
I would serve real down home country cooking. There’s nothing else like it.
4. What does your favorite color say about you?
I’d like to think it says I’m a relaxed, easy going – yet strong, lover of nature.
5. Crunchy, silky, or scrunchy – what type of mama are YOU?
Either I’m getting old, or I’m just not as hip as I thought I was – I had to look up what these terms meant. Lol. That being said, I feel like I’m a down to earth mom. I love my children unconditionally, and would sacrifice the world for them.
I’m the mom that thinks being a good human being is more important than all A’s on a report card. I believe in practicing what I preach, and showing versus telling. I believe kids should want for things, and not always get what they want. I believe in letting my kids get dirty, explore things, be themselves, and yes, even letting them fail.
Everything in life has a teachable moment, and I am big fan of utilizing these to teach my kids compassion, empathy and kindness for others. They also know when to stand up for themselves too!
6. Would you rather know WHEN you are going to die, or HOW? (Keep in mind you can’t change either one by knowing!)
I’d rather not know either! If I absolutely had to choose, I suppose I’d rather know when than how.
7. CONFESSION TIME: What is something that you did and no one ever found out?
Once, my older brother and I slipped out of a Waffle House restaurant without paying. We didn’t intend to, my brother thought he had his wallet, and didn’t, and I had no money on me either. I felt guilty about that for months.
8. What is something that TV made you think would be a common issue as an adult, but it really isn’t?
Ha! That I’d have a bunch of cool friends, an awesome car, and I’d always be having fun. LIES. ALL LIES.
9. Imagine the gag reel/bloopers in your life. What would be on it?
Tripping over my own feet, dropping things, forgetting my kids covered me in stickers and going out in public, calling my kids by the wrong names, being peed/pooped/thrown up on by my kids…
10. Would you rather lose all of your belongings you own or every picture you have?
All of my belongings. I can’t replace the pictures.
My nominee picks for the 2018 Liebster Award –
3. Miss Mental
My questions for my nominees –
~ If you could pick only one song to listen to for the rest of your life, what song would it be, and why?
~ If you could go back in time and give your younger self life advice, what advice would you give?
~ What is your favorite part about blogging?
~ Do you believe in magic? Why or why not?
~ Have you ever sang karaoke in public?
~ What is one thing you like most about yourself?
~ If there was a reset button for the world, would you press it?
~ What is the creepiest thing that’s ever happened to you?
~ If your blog went viral overnight and you became a millionaire, what is the first thing you would do?
~ What is one thing most people don’t know about you?
If you choose to accept my nomination, be sure to leave a link to your your Liebster Award post in the comments below!